Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Meet Kate

6 days old
She's here! The days have been flying by as I've been recovering and Todd and I are so grateful for all the help and support we've been given since Kate has joined our family. She arrived June 6th at 2:25 pm, weighing 9 lbs and 9 oz. I still sometimes just can't believe she's here and in our arms and healthy. I LOVE not being pregnant anymore!! Being pregnant this time around was just a lot more emotionally and physically taxing than it was last time. Everyday I am grateful that we have our long-awaited sweetling with us.



Since Kate has been born we've had a few adventures. We discovered a lip tie that was getting in the way of comfortably nursing by tightening her mouth every time she wanted to eat. We got a few recommendations from my doula and got it taken care of last week.

The very next feeding after the procedure, nursing was already better. I highly recommend getting it checked out if nursing is a challenge! I also got to go to the dentist for some tooth pain I've had for about a month now, and got a root canal the same day Kate had her lip tie fixed. We're quite the pair, she and I!




Kate has such a sweet, gentle spirit about her. It's a special thing to be near her. Aurella is super excited to be a big sister and loves to show that she can be "soft" with her whenever she can! She'll gently put her hand on Kate's head and whisper "soft". Aurella also likes to have Kate lie down next to her in her crib at bedtime so they can both have a book read to them. It's the sweetest thing! No matter how bad of a tantrum Aurella is having, she always takes notice of Kate and makes sure to be soft and gentle around her (although she gets so excited we do have to remind her most of the time!).

Kate's birth was a really good experience. I'm still working on her birth story. Coming soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment